Publicity expert Bella Stander is a writer, the publisher and art director of Bella Terra Maps, and a consultant to the Virginia Festival of the Book. Formerly the book editor for a Virginia lifestyle magazine and a contributing editor at Publishers Weekly, she has also reviewed books for Entertainment Weekly, People, The Wall St. Journal, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle and other publications. She is a member of the Authors Guild.|
See her writing website, BellaStander.com, and blog, Reading Under the Covers. Please visit Book Promotion 101 on Facebook.
Email: bp101 (at) bookpromotion101.com|
VIRGINIA FESTIVAL OF THE BOOK, Charlottesville:
- Backspace Agent-Author Day: "Polish Your Pitch" workshop with Ron Hogan, New York, May 2009 & 2010; November 20111.
- Virginia Festival of the Book, program organizer & moderator since 2001; Charlottesville.
- Book Promotion 101 workshop, WriterHouse.
- Moderator, "Memoirs: Family Secrets & Possessions" with authors Jessie Sholl, Lisa Tracy and Jay Varner.
- Moderator, "Promoting Like a Pro" with book publicist Gene Taft; authors Micah Nathan, Lori L. Tharps and Jessica Francis Kane.
- Moderator, "Nice Jewish Kids Gone Wild" with authors Micah Nathan, Phoebe Potts, Ariel Sabar and Lee Goldberg.
- Moderator, "Agents Roundtable" with Deborah Grosvenor (Grosvenor Literary Agency), Ellen Pepus (Signature Literary Agency) and Howard Yoon (Roos Yoon Literary Agency).
- Space Coast Writers Guild Conference, Cocoa Beach, FL, January 2010.
- SCBWI "Promoting Like a Pro" workshop; Westlake Village, CA, December 2008.
- WriterHouse: "Polish Your Pitch!" workshop; Charlottesville, October 2008
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers 25th Annual Conference: "Promoting Like a Pro" presentation; Denver, September 2008
- Backspace Writers Conference: "Promoting Like a Pro" panel and pitching workshop; New York, August 2008
- Boulder Book Store, Women's Voices Series: "So You Want to Write a Book?" panel; Boulder, January 2008
- Backspace Agent-Author Seminar: "Prep to Pitch" workshops; New York, November 2007
- West Hollywood Book Fair, "How to Make a Book a Success" panel; Los Angeles, September 2007
- Lighthouse Writers Workshop: "Prep to Pitch" seminar; Denver, June 2007
- Lighthouse Writers Workshop: "Promoting Like a Pro" seminar; Denver, April 2007
- Telluride Author-Agent Conference; Telluride CO, December 2006
- Colorado Authors League; Boulder, April 2006
- North Carolina Writers' Network Conference; October 2004
- James River Writers Festival; Richmond VA, October 2004
Photo by Kit Hedman
© 2013 Bella Stander